MusicXray submissions are $2.00 per song.
Note: If you have already enrolled and paid for membership at our proprietary submission site, don’t worry. Your music is still there and will be screened for consideration. Due to some technical issues with the site, we have temporarily disabled NEW membership. Current membership are still active.
Why do we charge for the ability to submit music? WWIR Butterflies Radio works very hard to promote music from independent, emerging artists. We do not make any money doing so. We are not selling advertising or have any other source of income. However, there are expenses in running a radio station. We receive a portion of the $2.00 fee which helps us cover some of them.
We do not guarantee that your songs will be added to the rotation. We screen each one submitted to us. There are several factors we take into consideration.
- Quality of the recording. We only accept professionally recorded MP3s with a minimum 128k bitrate.
- We usually will not add recordings of live concerts. However, if the quaity is excellent, it will be considered.
- We do not have a problem with “four letter words” in the lyrics. However, excessive obscenities will not be accepted.
- We will not accept songs with degrading or insulting lyrics.
- We will only accept songs with the REAL name of the artist in the tag. i.e. not Second Life® names.
- This is an important one: When sending your MP3 to us, it MUST have the proper ID3 tags applied! All received files that are not properly tagged will be skipped and will not be added to rotation. If you are not sure how to apply the tags, please take a look at THIS PAGE.
If your song is not added to the rotation, please do not be discouraged or take it personally. We are an indie station and are here for you. However, we know our listeners and what they like to hear. Our goal is to keep the listeners we have and gain new ones. We may feel that a particular song, as good as it is, does not fit into the rest of our mix and may not appeal to our listeners.
How will you know if you’re music is added to the rotation?
We do try to email you to let you know. However, that’s not always possible. At the very least, we try to announce it on Twitter. (Find us HERE!)